- Students will readily recognize, define, and work with the concepts, advantages, and challenges of the Scrum Framework.
- Students will be prepared to play the role of Scrum Master in their organizations and help their organizations adopt the Scrum Framework. Furthermore, students will develop an understanding of the other roles in Scrum.
- Students will participate in role-plays, during which they carry out a Scrum project.
- Students will gain knowledge pertaining to and the ability to anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Scrum.
- Students will be armed with the proper tools to address, resolve, and take the lead on Scrum issues in their organizations.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is interested in understanding Agile Scrum and how the method could be used effectively
Introduction to Agile
- AGILE Defined
- Why use Agile?
- Adaptive Project Management
- The Agile Manifesto
- Principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Agile Vs Traditional Project Management
- Agile Vs Traditional Software Development
- Framework in Agile and their Applicability
- Overview of Scrum
- Brief History of Scrum
- Why Use Scrum?
- Scalability of Scrum
- Scrum Principles
- Scrum Aspects
- Scrum Processes
- Exercise and Chapter Test
Scrum Project Phases
- Plan & Estimate
- Review and Retrospect
- Input, Tools and output for each process in each phase
- Introduction to the Case Study
- Mock Product Development Using Scrum
- Scrum Flow for Product Development Using Case Study
- Product Vision
- Creation of Prioritized Product Backlog
- User stories writing expertise
- User stories acceptance criteria
- Release planning schedule
- Sprint Backlog
- Sprint delivering potentially shippable product increment
- Tracking Progress thru Sprint Burn down charts
- Exercise – Creating Project Vision ; Creating Product Backlog ; Using Prioritization techniques ; Creating Sprint Backlog , Role Plays for understanding Practical challenges.
Scalability and Transition to Scrum
- Scalability of Scrum
- Scrum of Scrum
- Scrum and XP ( Agile Engineering Practices)
- Scrum and Lean Kanban
- Transition to Scrum
- Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
- Importance of Executive Support
- Mock Exam on Scrum Master Certification Preparation
- Scrum Master Certification Exam (Optional)
About the SMCTM Certification Exam
- Multiple Choice
- 100 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam